Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Reviews Are In!


One week ago my debut book - Pussy Planet and Other Endearing Tales - was released on Amazon, and the reviews are trickling in! Make no mistake, though, it's a healthy trickle--no prostate issues here. Sometimes it seems to come out of two holes at once, but I digress.

Anyway, if you haven't yet, check it out! Pussy Planet is available in both paperback and for Kindle. But don't take my word for it, take THESE random assholes' words for it--


"I loved reading this! I lost myself entirely in it. It's raw, brutally honest, hilarious, and absolutely relatable. I was very impressed with how seemingly effortless it was for the author to share her innermost thoughts and feelings, and with a sense of humor and wit that I find to be unparalleled. When I wasn't laughing, I was grieving with her. She definitely has a unique and captivating voice, and I really hope to read more from her in the future."

"I loved this book. Well written, honest and witty. Her sense of humor is irreverent and refreshing. The one serious essay "Losing Jack" shows the bond a girl has with her father, and perhaps explains much of her outlook which is on display in the other stories. As the father of a daughter, I related to this story especially."


"I don't usually go for non fiction but a friend recommended this and I absolutely loved it. In the tradition of David Sedaris and Chelsea Handler, Kimmy Dee's hilariously skewed (and deliciously vulgar) collection of essays will make you Lol."


"I had such fun reading this. Kimmy Dee is not only hysterically funny, she has one of the most unique comedic voices I've ever come across-- wry, self-effacing, and sarcastic.And she's fearless. The essays in this collection run the gamut of her life experiences, but she's not afraid to show the reader her real self, and her most embarrassing and personal moments.
What really blew me away, though, were the occasional moments of seriousness. "Losing Jack" is one of the most heart-breaking things I've ever read on the subject of loss, as Kimmy chronicles the experience of living through her dad's eventual losing battle with cancer. It's deeply profound and personal and moving.
But the majority of PUSSY PLANET is comedy culled from real life, unflinching, uncompromising, and compulsively readable. I highly recommend it."



So please, check out my all-new Pussy Planet, and leave your own review on Amazon and/or Goodreads if your hands aren't otherwise occupied. Lowly writers such as myself rely on word of mouth and reviews to get our filth out into the world, so if you like it, please say something! Thank you!

xoxo

Kimmy Dee

2 comments:

  1. dorthy@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. ***شرکت نوين گيت***

    با سالها سابقه در طراحي ،اجرا و خدمات سيستمهاي درب اتوماتيک و راهبند
    فروش،نصب و راه اندازي و خدمات انواع درب اتوماتيک (درب سکشنال - کرکره اتوماتيک - کرکره پنجره - درب ريلي اتوماتيک - جک پارکينگي - کرکره شفاف - رول گيتر - انواع راهبند و درب اتوماتيک شيشه اي... )
    خدمات 24 ساعته و شبانه روزي حتي در تعطيلات رسمي
    مشاوره رايگان در تمامي مراحل

    http://www.novingate.com/

    درب اتوماتيک شيشه اي

    http://www.novingate.ir/

    http://www.novinwebsite.ir/website-design

    طراحي سايت

    نوين گيت

    تاجران آريا دلفين

    http://www.fa.adt-co.ir/

    Aria Dolphin

    http://www.novingate.com/

    http://www.adt-co.ir/

    ReplyDelete